Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Homeschool Moments #1

Homeschool Nerd Moment of the day...(Or, "Why don't my kids always think my jokes are funny?")

Philip is doing a unit study on planets.  (Have I mentioned that it is VERY confusing when some materials list Pluto and some do not?  I do not understand the Pluto hate.  I almost feel like including it so it won't get its feelings hurt.  One can't help being dwarfy.)

Philip was wanting the heavens to answer his questions for him instead of doing his research.  Looking up to the sky, Philip gestured upward and yelled "WHICH PLANET HAS RINGS?"  Immediately, I was struck with an amazing quip.  I just needed Philip to figure out the answer.

A few minutes later, he exclaimed "SATURN!" and I pounced on the moment and squealed with much glee, "God liked Saturn so much, He put a ring on it!"  Then I laughed and laughed and Philip did not.

Whatever. I am super funny.  My sense of humor would probably be very much appreciated on Pluto.

1 comment:

  1. If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it
    If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it
    Don't be mad once you see that he want it
    If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it


    Thanks be to Beyonce!!!

    ReplyDelete