Thursday, May 9, 2013

Simplify, simplify, simplify

I had this word in my head for months.  It felt like a heartbeat and the urge was on repeat in my soul.

Then my Pastor made the statement "We need to get back to basics."  I don't remember anything else he said that morning (sorry) because it felt like that statement had been shouted at me and wouldn't leave me alone.

I had been spending some time in prayer on the subject of simplicity and I continued to do so.

I feel led to simplify in so many ways.  I don't have a huge outline of what this will mean for us, but I have taken some small steps.  Less stuff.  Fewer obligations that don't matter.  Making more of the ones that do.  Making instead of buying.  Fewer chemicals and crap entering our home and our bodies.

I can't wait to see what comes about as a result of this.  What can you simplify?


No comments:

Post a Comment