Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Surround Yourself



I need people.  I need people around me who know more than I do and have experiences I don't have.  I need people around me who don't know something that I can teach them.

I am reminded every day just how much I need people.  All kinds of people.  The quiet ones, the loud ones, the funny ones and the serious ones.  I have things to learn and I have things to impart.

My church is a great example of this.  I could not survive without the community I have there.  It has taught me so much about how much people need people.

It encourages me not to isolate myself.  Sometimes I do that.  This post is a reminder to me and an encouragement to everyone to find your people.  Plug in.  Reach out.  You are an island.  Find your community and surround yourself. 

Who are your people?


No comments:

Post a Comment